This is a normally closed, balanced poppet, switching element with an integral T-8A control cavity. With a 2-way valve in the closed position installed in the T-8A control cavity, the poppet remains closed. Opening the 2-way valve shifts the poppet to the open position, provided there is sufficient pressure at port 3.
- Unique balanced construction provides predictable switching with 5000 psi (350 bar) at port 1 and port 2. Switching will only occur when both a minimum pilot pressure of 400 psi (30 bar) is present and pilot control valve is open.
- These valves are hydraulically balanced between port 1 and port 2.
- Port 1 and port 2 are fully sealed from port 3 and port 4. Ports 3 and 4 are positively sealed.
- Any backpressure at the drain port is directly additive to the required pilot pressure for reliable operation.
- Leakage rate between port 1 and port 2 is very low, typically less than 10 drops/min. at 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min at 350 bar).
- Valve will reseat when the pilot pressure falls below 145 psi (10 bar).